- This event has passed.
October 2021 Meeting
October 13, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 am
- 8:00 am Meeting
- 8:30 am CE
- Food is Medicine
- Speaker: Susan Rider – Preventia Group & NAHU Secretary
- # 39634 – 1 HR CE
Susan Rider serves as Chief Operating Officer and Head of Sales for Preventia Group. Prior, Susan worked for a local brokerage firm focusing her efforts advising employers as it relates to Human Capital Strategies & Employee Benefits. Under Susan’s tenure she helped employers align their human capital and total reward strategies for their future workforce. Susan is actively involved in the National Association of Health Underwriters, and serves as Secretary. Susan serves on Governor Holcomb’s Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI) CE Advisory Council, is a founding member of the Food Secure Indy project and is an adjunct faculty member at IUPUI in the Organizational Leadership Program. She has received multiple awards, most significant – NAHU’s Distinguished Service Award, recognized in the Hot 100 Agents by Insurance Business Magazine and 25 Most Influential Women in Benefit Advising by Employee Benefit Advisor. Susan received her Master’s degree from the University of Indianapolis in Strategic Leadership and Design.
Food is Medicine
Brokers are looking for a way to connect differently with their clients. Lifestyle Medicine and Food is Medicine are two areas that continue to expand as a way to address chronic disease – saving both the employer and employee on their out of pocket expenses. We will discuss a long-term sustainable strategy that is evidence based.
Food Access & Why Employers Need to Be Involved to Support Employees and Their Families
- What is the difference between food access & food insecurity?
- How do I start the conversation internally with my leadership team?
- Why is food access an issue now?
- What is food is medicine?
- Why should food is medicine become part of our total wellbeing initiatives going forward?
- Trends we anticipate in the future
- Food is Medicine prescription expansion
- Success when integrated with coaching for long-term sustainable behavior change
- Leveraging people first then technology
Total: 50 minutes